Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mini look a my art show...

I've been too busy and preoccupied to post lately. A lot has been happening. For one, I had my first art show in sixteen years!!! Yes, I was sixteen when I had my first show, and now once you double that number, I have made my way round to having another one. I decided to do all new pictures just for this event, which was fun and difficult at the same time. 
I have tended toward illustration my whole life, although I truly enjoy acrylics and the massiveness of painting giant pictures. For this event, due to our move and my lack of knowing where all our paints had landed, I chose to do a water-color/illustration influenced theme. At first I felt like I was battling my self, but nearing the end of finishing all my pictures, I finally hit a zone that felt comfortable to work in. 
marica natali thompson artist, artists in portland, illustrators in porltand, art shows in porltand
My favorite was accidentally forgotten at home and never made it up,
but soon it will hang in my living room… 
http://www.Maricanatalithompson.com/more-illustrations-2.html , portland based illustrator
The rest were too big to scan and I didn't manage any good photographs of them; the glare, as you could see in the first picture, was horrible.

Anyway, hope you all had a wonderful March!!

                  Best Wishes, and I'll save our big news for the next post…!!!!!

                                                                               ~Marica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marica!!!
    I love your art!!! especially the last paint, it's awesome!!!
    And how fun you did your art show after 16 years...
    so...now...I'm so curious...what's the big new????
    Hugs, Dany.

    ReplyDelete