Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bits of these days…

May happened so fast, is it true we almost have made it through half this year already? It surely doesn't feel possible. May has brought many hot days. I feel like I should embrace them, but instead I still detest too much sun. 

Our little neighborhood here hosts an annul parade. Exactly one year ago Sunday, the pie-truck opened during the festivities of this yearly event.


This year we're far more experienced and no longer the newbies on the block. The pie-truck has had a good year. Winter was harsh, so harsh I often began to think we were nutty dimwits for opening the whole pie deal, but as weather warms and rain becomes an occasional treat, the pie patrons are returning. As well as the resurgence of orders for salad… 




Lazy afternoon naps are something I cherish as often as possible, especially since 
my schedule has returned to morning til night; it's all pie, all the live long day. 

Fittingly I must sing; in the tune of I've been working on the rail road:

I've been working in a pie truck
All the live long day

I've been working in a pie truck
Just to pass the time away ay-ay-ay

Can't your hear the timer blaring
Biscuits out to cool

Now the customers awaiting
There's still more dough to roll

Paiku won't you roll
Paiku won't you roll
Paiku won't you roll the dough ho-ho-ho

Paiku won't you roll
Paiku won't you roll
Paiku won't you roll the dough

Someone's in the kitchen at Paiku
Someone's in the kitchen I know oh-oh-oh
Someones in the kitchen at Paiku
Rollin' out the ol' pie dough

And singing

Fee-fi-roll out the dough
Fee-fi-filly-i-roll that dough-ho
Fee-fi-filly-i-oh
Rollin' out the old pie dough



Other bits of non pie life:







                                                   I hope everyone had a tremendous Mother's Day!
      
                                                                          All my best and many cheers ~
                                                                                                Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment