Thursday, July 30, 2015

Greenpeace at the St Johns Bridge…

Well I guess after my last couple of posts, and now adding this one, I will come across as feeling somewhat political lately. Maybe I am, or maybe it's just been a coincidental bunch of things happening one after another. Either way, yesterday morning at 3:00am thirteen Greenpeace activists suspended themselves from the St Johns bridge to block a ship heading out to the Arctic to drill for oil. Late in the afternoon the kids and I managed to walk down to check out the protest. Wow, I have to say it is an impressive feat. We went back again this evening and there were loads more people out watching the spectacle and supporting this dangling human barricade. 




green peace in portland






st johns bridge
I hope it works!


                                                                                                        ~ Marica

1 comment: