Saturday, October 15, 2016

Onward to Toulon and Monte Carlo...

Toulon was quiet and pleasant. We had fun at a local farmers market and spent our day meandering the mellow streets. We found a beach and I had my own secret giggle while I sat next to a topless older lady with my sixteen year-old son. He didn't seem to notice which I guess means he is "that cool"...



small french town
We managed éclairs while resting on the curb outside of a closed business. It's interesting how much "pressure" there can be to fit in all of our "wish list" factors. Éclairs were one of those...
The next day we spent in Monte Carlo where the coast is utterly gorgeous and the old walk up to the palace was breath taking!




It was amazing peering over the retaining wall and out to the sea where the water was MAGIC...

We even found a "secret" beach that was one of the highlights of our whole trip!









 
But honestly, the city itself was rather too la-de-da for my taste...




I'll post the next steps of your trip soon!

                                           Cheers
                                                        ~ Marica


4 comments:

  1. I'm loving these, Marica! What a beautiful vicarious holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sonia! Sending hugs and kisses to you!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful !!! I've been there too several times cause I live so close to France... it is always magic...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dany! I thought about you when I was in Italy. What area are you from?

      Delete