Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wabi-Sabi . . . Lately . . .

It feels like forever since I have been able to sit down and etch out a quick post. As wabi-sabi is such a capturing catch-all of the beauty of everyday, I thought I'd post some pictures from the last couple of weeks . . . The simple yet so deeply here in my house moments . . .
On the bedroom wall . . . 
Over my dresser . . . 
So used, so loved . . .
In the kitchen . . . 
Rolling dough . . .
Sliced and ready . . .
Almost real looking crossants . . . 
A last minute birthday card . . . 
And lastly . . . The dedication of sour-grass as it pokes its bright yellow flowers
 up through the concret . . . 
This is my wabi-sabi as of late, what is yours??

                                                                                                                    Hope everyone is well ~ Marica

4 comments:

  1. I'm always so impressed by your talent Marica!
    You are able to take simple things and make AWESOME pics!!! This is art!!!!!!
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cross-country skiing in a fluffy downpour of snow today and coming home to make sourdough biscuits, a dinner party last night with salmon cakes and a wonderful risotto - plus a sort of fussy dessert that I usually don't take the trouble to make - a shortbread base with cream cheese spread and a kiwi and rasberry atop with a glaze - cut into squares. What else - knitting a cowl in a light blue wool blend, getting ready to split myself between two jobs at the university! Thanks for sharing your wabi-sabi!

    ReplyDelete