Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Kitchen stuff… Three onion soup... And a granola recipe...

Lots of food… It always seems to go in spurts… I go full throttle kitchen madness and then we will eat burritos for dinner way too many nights in a row… Most of the way I do everything is like that. I feel overly compelled, overly involved and then, break. Stop. Gotta put the screeching over energized ditty to an end. Does anyone else have this syndrome? 

I haven't been getting to my camera as much as I would have liked, but the following are some kitchen bits that made its way onto "film"…
Baked buns with caraway seeds… I have finally gotten the bun drill down. A soft yeast dough, an egg, enough oil to let it stay supple, and then not to forget salt. I don't like salt too much, so I often have to force myself to add a reasonable amount when I know it is a necessary addition. Egg washed and baked, these came out very lovely...
Tamale pie… Oooooo I recommend tamale pie...
And then in the darkness here is a three onion soup with puff pastry baked on top. It was so indulgent!!! Sauteed yellow and pearl onions in butter, beef broth added, fresh thyme and fresh green onions minced… Black pepper of course… A touch of lemon juice… And then, poured into custard cups, buttered rims and covered in puff pastry. Baked. Oh holy of holy fancy soups, this was fancy!

And last, a little photo shy, or a lazy photographer who didn't catch a click, is the granola recipe:

Granola

Preheat oven to 275 degrees

In a large bowl combine:

8 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
1/4 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup raw sugar
1/2 cup pecans ground + a 1/2 cup whole
1/2 cup quinoa ground
1/2 cup dried gojo berries ground
1/2 cup flax seeds ground
1/2 cup sunflower seeds ground
1 cup shredded coconut
1 + 1/2 teaspoons salt

Mix well then add:
1 cup almond milk

Pour onto two oiled cookie sheets.
Bake at 275 degrees until golden,  about an hour.
Stir every 15 minutes or so to be sure everything cooks evenly.

     

                       Best Wishes to Everyone!
                                                            ~ Marica

2 comments:

  1. OMG Marica!!!!
    you make me soooo hungry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    all looks sooooooo delicious!!!
    It's a pity that we live so far...LOL!!!!
    Hugs, dany

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well if your ever in California let me know : )

      Delete