Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Spring, I love you!

Well I'm sitting in the pie truck, spring rain pouring down, I can't tell you how much I love this time of year. I loved it when I lived in dry, hot California; all the blooms and the still green wild grass, but I love it even more here, in beautiful Northern Oregon… 
 I get serious Beatrix Potter fever—the intense desire for plant pots, damp earth and wet laundry; wet from the sudden cloud burst that this rotation of the planet brings…  
shoots, springtime, porltand blogger,
I think if I could curl up and crawl into a story book I would have to choose one from either Beatrix Potter
Or Elsa Beskow. Both ladies have such a touch for vivid, tiny life… 
elsa beskow, children's illustration, art,
Speaking of artists, I was asked by a very neat company called Minted to write a review. They are an online resource for independently designed products such as stationary, gift wrap, stickers, notebooks, calenders and even fabric. The cool part about this site is that they promote individuals as the designers. It is a unique format where anyone can submit a design and then their work is voted on by the Minted community. Winners will see their designs available through the site. I love stuff like this, such a fun way for unknown artists to show their work. 
I liked the hand-done, vintage feel of their new wedding invitation selection
So many tasteful, simple designs… 
I highly recommend you check them out… 
Send some designs in and leave a link here so I can vote YES!!! 

                         Anyway, sending all my best to all you lovely ones out there. 

                                                                Happy spring!
                                                                             Marica

2 comments:

  1. I had a Beatrix Potter coloring book when I was a child and that mice pic was the cover. I love her paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Do you remember all the sculpy clay food you made at our house when you stayed with us? It was sooo wonderful!

    ReplyDelete