Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas Feasting...

From late-night cookie parties to Christmas Eve and Christmas day feasts, this was one of the most food laden holidays I can remember. And that's not even including last month's Thanksgiving extravaganza. 

To start I made shortbread and thumbprint cookies. I think shortbread might be one of my favorite cookies of all. They always make me think of my mom because years ago she and I got on a shortbread kick buying the traditional English, quite expensive, shortbread cookies to have with tea every day. Eeks, I miss living near my mom!
 
Peppermint hot chocolate before opening presents. This was my token of compensation 
to the kids for having to wait until everyone was up... 
 
 Several decadent breakfasts...


 My first attempt at anti pasto to kick off our Italian inspired Christmas dinner...
 Stuffed onions that our friends came over and made with anise biscuits in the filling...
 Focaccia bread to appease my fifteen-year-old who will eat ANYTHING 
except risotto which was the main course of our Christmas dinner.
Ending with tiramisu, I hope to post the recipe soon...
 
 All in all, so much good food and good people to celebrate with. 
 
Missing our faraway clan of family and friends!
 
Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
 
                                                      
                                                              Cheers ~
                                                                    Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment