Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Roasted Vegetable Soup

I've been day dreaming about this soup for over a year. This afternoon I decided to finally make dreams a reality : ) I'm joking, but I did want to put the potatoes in my refrigerator to use and if I may say so it was a good use.  I am putting in the measurements as best I can, but I didn't measure by the cup or ounce, so trust your instincts and taste buds.

Roasted Vegetable Soup
In a 11"x13" baking dish drizzle olive oil liberally and arrange:
5 medium new potatoes chopped
2 small red onions chopped
4-5 large carrots chopped
5 cloves garlic peeled
3 stalks celery chopped

Drizzle with more olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until the carrots are decently tender
In a medium pot bring 1+1/2 cups water to a simmer.
Add:
2 teaspoons better than bouillon or 2 bouillon cubes.

Add 2/3 of the cooked vegetables. If you have one of those
blending wands, this is the time to use it. Be sure not to
over blend, you want some texture.
Add:
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste
and the rest of the roasted vegetables.

I really enjoyed this soup, and I hope you do too!
                                                        ~Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment