Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Gooey Vegan Pumpkin Muffins

So anyway, last night around 10:00  I realized I had nothing much to pack in a snack for the next morning. I decided instead of waiting and stressing out the next morning, I would make some muffins then. My kids really like pumpkin muffins as long as they are gooey enough. 
Of course, upon open the refrigerator the memory that I was out of eggs came flashing back. Alright, well I often find it fun to try to cook or bake minus important participating ingredients ~ it puts a whole fun twist on things. Many a time the outcome is far less than amazing, but sometimes it has the great effect of something yummy and somewhat different, or, exactly what you wanted but with the achievement of creating a new method to make it. Well, I don't know which category I would throw this into, but they came out superbly yummy! Is super short for superb?

Gooey Vegan Pumpkin Muffins
Preheat oven to 375

In a large bowl mix:
1 15-oz can pumpkin puree
1 cup rice milk
1/3 cup grape-seed oil
1 cup sugar

In a separate bowl mix then add to wet ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon allspice

Pour into oiled muffin pan. 
Bake 375 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
Careful, they are very hot when they first come out, and it takes them a while to cool. 
                                                              ~Best wishes, Marica

3 comments:

  1. i speak from experience that these pumpkin muffins are dreamy! a perfect breakfast! thanks, marica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo... IT ALL LOOKS SOOOOO GOOD!!!! :) mmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: I can actually SMELL cookies!!! thank you for being such a gook cook (and sharing it w/me... ;^) )

    ReplyDelete