Tuesday, November 5, 2013

New…new...new...

Well hello there Everyone, big changes have been afoot… 
I haven't blogged in such a while because my world was spinning so fast I didn't have time to catch the the pieces and put them into tidy post form. This morning as I sit at the table looking out my dinning room window to the grey grey sky I am thinking, how do I start it all off... Is there a good explanation... My family and friends have heard it over and over from our conversations, but in some ways it still seem so abstract. So, to get to the point, we moved to Portland. Portland Oregon. Exciting and fresh, a whole new ball of wax to mold into our world. There was no one reason. There wasn't a job waiting or elderly relative that needed care. There wasn't a University that had to be attended. It was solely the desire to live in a place that is just a bit more like us. 
The drive up was long and we landed here late on a Saturday night. The whirlwind to get up here did actually have a reason. Once we had put our sites officially on this town I researched and found a Waldorf charter school. This was a dream come true, I've always wished the kids could attend a Waldorf school, but sadly there were no options close enough to our home town. Usually the charter  schools in Portland are very sought after and it takes a long time to get a place. What was so incredible is that when I called I found they had space in each of the children's grades. A spot for each kid??? This was just too perfect to take lightly. Unfortunately, due to the fact it is government funded they couldn't hold the places for us, so we did as fast a turnaround as we could to hurry up here and get settled. It took a bit over a month to slam dang dunk it all into place and now here we are. 
As we packed I didn't allow myself time to think. I didn't know if I could do it or at least nearly as rapidly if I let my mind wonder over the things that I would miss. My family, so so big and important to me that I almost couldn't make the change. My friends, many of whom feel like family, also so important. But the bottom line was the fire had been lit, and we knew there was only one direction to go in. 
It feels good. I like it here. I like the city's smallness and accessibility yet the expanse of opportunity that a small town just can't maintain. I feel inspired by the food, the openness to different ways of being. I appreciate the rain, the abundance of water that is always so lacking in the area where I grew up. 

It's exciting to have a whole lot of firsts. First dinner here, first dinner sitting around our new nineteen dollar dinning table which soon will be so second nature we won't think twice. 

I hope to be back at the blog soon, keeping in touch with you all.

                                                     Until then, Best of days to you all!!!
                                         ~ Marica

2 comments:

  1. Well, all the best to you in your new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!!!! this is amazing!!!! a brand new life!!!
    in a new and wonderful place with you family!!!
    I wish you all the best and...can't wait to read more about your new adventure!!!!!
    You're soooo brave!!!!!
    Hugs, Dany.

    ReplyDelete