Saturday, November 16, 2013

Settling In...

Days, and now a several weeks, have passed. I still haven't pulled out my camera. My phone does half versions of what I am imagining in my mind, but it is quick to grab and does a good bit of the trick...
 We arrived with fall blasting all its colors… 
 I wish I had taken more time to stop and catch a few pictures...
Our house is becoming a home as we fill in this corner and that with bits and piece from our selves. 
It takes a lot to make a house a home and I'm still shifting things around, unpacking boxes and trying to see what's needed. I love this, but my heart will always be bound to our house in California. I am trying to build my relationship to this new sister of a home. That's not to say I don't love it. It is a wonderful house, cozy and warm with character and depth. It's just that we put so much time, so much elbow grease as they say, to make our old place even livable. It was like raising a child. That home will always be my baby. 
The dogs are adjusting…
On our first night here this big guy got stuck on the stairs. He was too terrified to come down...
 The kids are adjusting too. They a so quick to find their corners, their favorite spots, 
the places they make their own...
It's all very exciting. I'll get my camera out soon so I can get some good pictures of what it's like here...


                                                            Best wishes to all ~ Marica

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marica!
    it's sooo exciting all this new all around...house, places and...life!!!
    Hugs, Dany

    ReplyDelete