Thursday, December 29, 2011

Habanero Chocolate Truffles . . .

Spicy? Yes . . . 
Dark chocolate? Definitely . . . 
Melted and infused . . . 
Habanero chocolate truffles . . . 
These are very easy to make. I came across a habanero chocolate bar a few weeks ago and was so blown away I decided to try making some for myself. Luckily the habaneros that my husband had planted this year still had fruit hanging on for dear life . . . I threw a few in a pan with a half pound of Trader Joe's eighty proof chocolate, a dash of heavy cream and a tad bit of butter. Mixing well and melting gently, the spice of the habaneros immersed themselves, and a sprinkling of cinnamon and tangerine rind was all it needed to send me over the edge. I am in love. Truly!!! To finish it all, just pick out the habaneros and pour the chocolate onto a piece of parchment paper. Let cool before slicing and devouring. I recommend refrigerating if there are left overs. Please do realize these are SPICY!!!

                        Best wishes to everyone in the new year ~ Marica

6 comments:

  1. wow!!!! I BET they are incredibly SPICY lol!!!!!!!
    perfect for starting the new year!!!!! :O)
    Happy 2012 to you and all your wonderful family Marica!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I will try a Hungarian version. I wonder how paprika truffles would taste. I'll let you know. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess, hope the Hungarian version comes out AMAZING!! Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! Happy New Year, Marica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy happy new year, Marica! I am inspired by your simple and artful life even from miles away. :) May your new year be blessed, peaceful, and joyful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jess . . . Beautiful wishes to you for a wonderful year!!!!

    ReplyDelete