Saturday, December 31, 2011

I made a bed . . .

Just recently, and very much by chance, we got a new bed. It was way too nice to set on the floor like we had our old futon mattress . . . I didn't really like the idea of the puppies thinking it was as much theirs as it was ours. So I decided to build a bed frame to put this brand spanking new mattress on. To some this may sound easy, and even to me, I knew it wouldn't be too hard . . . But just like a kid is proud when they do a grownup's job, I feel proud every time I make something out of wood. 
 I designed it simply, using 2x12's and 2x6's. It was more work to carry the wood in than anything else. 
 And now finally, hurray, we have a wonderful bed . . .
Our bedroom may be a converted hallway, but our bed is a king's dream.

                                                 Cheers ~ Marica

2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I've always thought building a bed would be a nice thing to do someday. Thank you for your well wishes and I hope you have a wonderful new year's eve and 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!!! you did it great!!!!
    how nice would be sleep in a bed that is made by you!!!
    Happy New Year Marica!!!

    ReplyDelete