Monday, February 10, 2014

Life Past . . .

I found this post from a while back that I must have never published. What's funny is it fits with exactly how I've been feeling lately. I decided to post it because I could have written it last night. 

"I can't quite say it right, but, there were other times… 

Years in our quaint yurt… 

With a small tucked area where the dolls from my childhood became the dolls of my daughter's play… 
Little feet and faces...
Breakfasts at a small table (I'm smelling those flowers as if I'm there…)
Walks in the evening—only sometimes—but they are stamped in my brain… 
Magical forest trips, with unicorns and fairies… 
Three soft heads together… 
Pouty faces and bare feet...
Earnest workers… 
Three children small enough to carry… 
I feel so like I miss the past, and yet, when I stop to remember how hard it was
 to keep everything clean in one-round-room with no walls, I wonder…
                                Remebering… 

                                The kids in diapers… 
                                The baby nursing… 
                                The RV with our kitchen and what could be called a bathroom… 
                                Baby faces… 
                                A well worn handmade robe… 
                                Mountains everyday… 
                                Sunrises thatif I got up to see thembroke reality and all assumption to knowing 
                                     anything… 
                                Rivers and twilight… 
                                Babies still babies… 
                                Oh, babies still babies again… 
                                Chubby cheeks… 
                                My husband and me… 
                                Oh, a few years ago feels so long ago.
                                I don't want to trade back, but I do want to remember… 
                                Fond memories… 
                                Memories… 
                                Yes, memories."

Well if that's not enough nostalgia for you then I don't know what to say.
Hope Everyone's week is going well!  

                                                                                                                  ~ Marica

1 comment: