Saturday, April 9, 2011

Chocolate Cupcakes Gluten and Dairy Free

Well who doesn't love a cupcake? I'm not talking about the over sugared, plastic version from the supermarket . . . I'm referring to a homemade, pint-sized bundle of sweet, just waiting for the right hand to pick it. Gosh be darling darned . . . I do believe there is such a thing. And just to prove it I am fastening the directions of how to make such decadent trivelry to this post.
Now being that I made these for a gluten and dairy free birthday party, these cupcakes are of that denomination, but no apologies for flavor . . . none.
The following recipe sits pretty, and feel free to try it:

Chocolate Cup Cakes
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

In a large bowl whisk:
6 egg yolks (save whites)
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup grapeseed oil or other vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Sift, combine separately, then add:
1 cup sweet rice flour only the most finely ground
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon guar gum
1+1/2 teaspoons baking powder
pinch salt

Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold in gently.
Oil, then line with cupcake papers, one 12 socket muffin tin.
Distribute batter evenly, then pop in the oven.
Bake 325 degrees for 35 minutes 
or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Icing:
Melt
4 oz unsweetened bakers chocolate
1/4 cup coconut oil

Add:
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup powdered sugar 

Dip each cupcake in head first to ice the entire top.

                                                               Best wishes ~ Marica

4 comments:

  1. Just what I have been wishing for, a great cupcake recipe. Where do I find guar gum? I've never heard of it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guar gum can be found in most health food stores. It is very helpful in thickening and binding in gluten free baking.

    http://www.bobsredmill.com/guar-gum.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy! I like the new look of your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooh so yummy & gluten-free ? you have me, there !!
    i have a bag of guar gum in my kitchen, but have not used it yet...

    ReplyDelete