Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I'll come running . . . By Mr. Brian Eno

This has to be one of my all time favorite songs. It always makes me think of when I was pregnant with my first baby, and over the buttons of my cheesy denim jumper (one of my only ever pieces of actual maternity clothes) I would bend to try to reach my shoes. I don't even remember if I actually ever got help, but I have an image of being by our apartment door saying ~ I can't reach, will you help me tie my shoes. At this point, whether or not it happened is beside the point . . . only to say this song fills me with that first pregnancy and honestly, I think it is one of the sweetest songs ever.

                ~Marica

1 comment:

  1. Great song! I have plenty of songs that are inextricably tied to certain memories and feelings of the past (both real and imagined!)... Thanks for sharing this little musical memory from a special time in your life!

    ReplyDelete