Friday, April 1, 2011

After Dinner Walk . . .

I don't know if there is a better time to take a walk than after dinner . . .
When I was still tiny, and by some peoples standards I still am . . . size-wise at least, but I mean a little girl, my dad would call it ~ an evening stroll ~  "You want to go on an evening stroll?" And I did.
Everything sounds different . . . more hushed . . . more muted . . .
The trees hug themselves . . . settled for the night . . .
The frogs crouch . . .
By the murky pond . . . it smells like evening.
The stone lets the cold climb its way in . . .
Nighttime is coming . . . 
Evening is the other half of morning . . .
Half light  . . . just as spring and fall hold together summer and winter . . .
Shhhh . . .
                                                            ~Marica

10 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely evening. That big old twisted tree is quite stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. where is that beautiful place...so sweet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it lovely . . . it's up at Krotona : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. stunning pics of the kids. i could just feel the peace coming through. my favorite is paolo crouching like a wee froggie. it reminds me of "Finding Neverland".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos of evening hush.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ~Hi Birdtree, Thank you . . .
    I have a crush on portland too. some of my best friends live there and I always dream of transplanting my rather tangly roots up to that beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete