Tuesday, June 7, 2011

More Progress . . .

Things are fitting together, sifting down, and its feeling like we almost have a house. It is terribly exciting as the bits and pieces are working into a visible home. 
The chaos has light at the ends of its rugged tunnel, and I can almost hold my breath until we are done with the first faze of making house.
The kids have been sporadic helpers and it never ceases to charm me . . . 
Even if it only lasts for several minutes, all the help we can get is deeply appreciated . . . 
Look at this place, it could take an army of fairytale mice at their most vigorous moment
of self worth, and still there would be paint to brush, and corners to scrub . . .
The back living-room, as I have decided to call it, we'll see if everyone else agrees, will be a temporary bedroom for the fabulous three, and green seemed like a fitting color for either . . . 
First coat . . . 
Second coat . . . 
Bases boards will be installed soon . . . 
The first bath was taken . . . 
 And the view outside of the bathroom window makes me soooo happy . . . 
The counters in the kitchen have been installed . . . still no counter tops or hooked up stove . . . 
 I can't wait to have my first homemade dinner with a stove and sink and counter and hmm . . . everything else . . . 
But whenever the chaos inside reigns too supreme, I just go outside and imagine 
the possibilities ahead . . . 


                                                                  Cheers ~ Marica

3 comments:

  1. wow guys!!! you are doing a great job!!! I know that this so exciting!!! Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks charming, Marica!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting there, you have done so much already! It will be really nice to have it done, I bet. We'll start our kitchen as soon as the cabinets arrive, and I'm kind of nervous how we'll manage...

    ReplyDelete