Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cloudy day stove top meatloaf . . .

Well it wasn't actually a cloudy day. In fact it was a relatively warm evening. 
But, the name fit so perfectly, and I kept thinking how I could be eating this in a pub in some 
far off cold part of the world . . . 
I accompanied my sandwich with one of my most favorite of beers ever . . . 
Anderson Valley IPA. The beer is such a compliment, I suggest waiting to make these
 sandwiches until you're in the mood to open a beer and set it aside your plate, making
 this meal a complete experience . . .

Cloudy Day Stove Top Meat Loaf

Begin by sauteing until pretty tender:
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 new potatoes chopped pretty finely

Add:
2 carrots chopped very finely
1/2 red onion minced
1/2 red onion chopped into big pieces
1 sprig fresh thyme
1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt, or more if you tend to like salt 
dash black pepper

Once potatoes are fully cooked and carrots are acceptable, add:
1 lb ground beef, pressed evenly across the pan. 


Cover and simmer until desired doneness. 

Serve on sandwich bun with plenty of mustard and mayonnaise

P.S. I actually skipped mayonnaise for myself, I am not a big fan, but others
seem to like it. 

                                                 ~ Marica

2 comments:

  1. it looks so yummy and perfect for cold days!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a great way to use ground beef ! fast and comfort food ! thanks so much for sharing, i will have to give it a try.
    Happy to see you came for a visit. always good to hear from you ♥

    ReplyDelete