Saturday, October 8, 2011

Rainy day stuff . . .

A day inside brings out inside projects. The last time we were at an art store we picked 
up some scratch boards. I hadn't used one of these since high school. It was so fun, and 
such a different way of drawing . . .
We played some good old fashion board games . . . 
I also made the yummiest chai . . . 
I usually like making it entirely from scratch, or I use a simple chai tea bag. 
This time I was in a hurry,  but I wanted the real deal, so I did this half-way version. 
This is a rough guess as to what I did:

Chai
Bring to a simmer then simmer for several minutes:
2 cups water
2 black chai tea bags 
1 black tea bag
3 ginger tea bags
a few whole allspice
a dash of ground cardamon
a dash of ground cinnamon
a pinch of ground nutmeg
a pinch ground black pepper

Pull out the tea bags and add:
3 cups almond milk
Honey or agave syrup to taste

Of course now it is sunny again . . . but there is still that 
clean-ness to the air, and sparkle to the clouds.

                              ~ Marica


3 comments:

  1. it's awesome how you are able to transform a boring rainy day in a so special and fun day!!!!
    Happy Sunday!!!
    any

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a great way to spend a rainy day. I'll have to try that chai recipe on our next rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that chai recipe sounds great! I'll have to try it out sometime :)

    ReplyDelete