Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Portland Day Six, The Last Day...

Our last day was simple yet still nice. We tried Ken's Artisan Bakery which had been at the top of our list for bread hopping, but didn't make it into the official bread hopping day...
Ken's Bakery was the reason I even wanted to go bread hopping in the first place. 
I have his bread book and was curious what the shop was like… 
I think it was one of my favorite places of the whole trip. 
I loved the atmosphere; simple and serious about bread and baked goods...
I sneaked a peek into the back… 
We left and walked down to our coveted parking spot that took many circling of blocks to find...
I love this city...
On our way back up to St. Johns we reached the bridge just as the lights were flashing and it was being drawn up. I thought it was funny how lucky we felt, although everyone who lives here probably was annoyed. Prospective. Prospective. Its all about prospective...
We later stopped at the Tin Shed which is another place I really wanted to try before we left...
I wasn't disappointed. Good food and a fun place to eat. 
Well, that sums it up.

Goodbye Portland until next time!


                                        ~ Marica

3 comments:

  1. you've had a beautiful and fun vacation to Portland, with all your pics you made me feel I would love to go there too!!!!
    Have a safe back home!!!
    Dany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dany! Can't wait to see how your garden runner is coming along : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to work on it this Sunday with a friend...this is the perfect project for...chatting while you are working...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete