Thursday, August 22, 2013

Portland Day Three, and the Rose Garden...

On day three we visited Washington Park to see the rose garden there.
The aroma of roses wafted up to us as we got out of our car and only grew stronger 
when walked down the steps into the garden. There were SO MANY ROSES!!!!
Of every color and size...
Each one smelling different...
And so extraordinarily wonderful…
I couldn't decide if I had a favorite...
They all smelled so good!
But you had to be careful to look out for bees hidden inside the petals… 
But I think the ones labeled "Fragrant Cloud" were the best smelling...
And I do lean toward peachy-er colored roses...
But it wasn't just the roses, the grounds themselves were wonderful too… 
We all had a wonderful time...

I never been somewhere that had so many roses blooming at one time...
Each one so perfectly a rose...
I know at some point I'll have to visit again...
Just to be there...
               

                                                                        ~ Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment