Thursday, December 30, 2010

Granola, dairy free . . . and possibly gluten free as well . . . ?

Okay, so some people say oats have gluten, while others are of the mind set that oats don't. I myself would claim neither due to my lack of knowledge . . . but, if you don't eat wheat or dairy you are one lucky puppy if your looking for a granola recipe. 

Granola
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

4 cups oats
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup coconut
1/2 - 1 cup dark sugar (depending on your sweet tooth)
1/2 cup oil (I like grapeseed oil)
1 cup coconut milk (I love the so delicious brand)
Grated rind from 1 lemon 
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

Spread onto two large, oiled cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes then stir and cook 15 more minutes until golden.

Hope you enjoy this ~ Marica

2 comments:

  1. I'm game! I've been looking for a new granola recipe to try. Have you ever made it in the crock pot? So easy and smells amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No I never have, I had no idea you could. Thanks for the suggestion: )

    ReplyDelete