Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Simple Dinner . . .

Tonight's dinner struck me perfect . . . Baked salmon, sushi rice, Brussels sprouts and wakame seaweed. I had never prepared wakame before. It's extraordinarily simple, all you have to do is soak the dried pieces of wakame for five minutes in cold water and it turns into silky, salty . . . mmm . . . what could you call it? I guess, a taste of the sea.
The salmon was just as simple. I rinsed it, placed it in a oiled glass baking dish, cut a few scours in the surface, and baked it at a strong 500 degrees for about 15 minutes. I drizzled a bit of rice vinegar over the salmon once served up on the plates. 

The Brussels sprouts were braised in a bit of simmering water, covered, until they became a perfect spring green, 3-5 minutes.

Sometimes simple is so much more satisfying than hours of dedicated mixing and stirring. This dinner had a remarkably clean finish about it. 

               Best Wishes ~ Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment