Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July . . .

On a very hot July day, what is possibly better than a trip to the river?
My parents live up in the mountains, across two creeks, up a mile of dirt road . . .
. . . dusty, dusty in the summer . . . 

 But once at the river . . . a quiet clear stillness . . . 
 Only a canyon can have . . . 
Then hurrying back down the mountain to build a ladder in the dark
 So we can climb on our roof . . . 
To watch the forth of July fireworks . . . 
                                                                                                                ~ Marica

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marcia! Thanks for the lovely comments you have left on Apples and Pears. I love your blog here and I'm particularly interested in your gluten free recipes. I'm gearing up to go gluten free.....I know from past experience that I feel so much healthier when I lose gluten. So I will be be trying out some of your delicious recipes! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks magical! I have yet to go swimming this summer but I'm dying to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these pics - the river reminds me of ours and it looks so similar to here - those dusty roads and mountains......the yucca!
    Beautiful images Marica!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this type of rivers.
    don't have any here.
    oh well, grass is always greener.... isn't it ?!

    ReplyDelete