Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer dinner and the fastest pesto . . .

Last night I made the fastest pesto . . . What happened was I had a plethora of fresh basil that was just asking to be mixed with garlic and oil, but no blender to aid in the process.
 I wasn't sure of a solution until I realized on my refrigerator shelf sat almond meal, just as ready for
 battle as the basil. Well the problem was solved and none to shabbily either. In fact, I might even recommend it as to the fact this was the fastest batch of pesto I have ever made, 
and remarkably tasty.Fastest Pesto
 To make, simply throw together:
1/4 cup fresh basil finely chopped
1/4 cup parmesan
1/4 cup almond meal
1/4 olive oil
1/2 teaspoon fresh crushed garlic or more to taste 
salt and black pepper to taste

Mix over fresh rinsed pasta . . . 
 I also made sautéed tofu, which the kids loved. It was a little salty for me,
 but it was certainly a hit with them.

Sautéed Tofu
In a cast iron pan saute until golden brown:
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb. tofu sliced
1/4 cup sesame seeds
1/4 cup Bragg
2 tablespoons rice vinegar 
 My two little ones threw together the salad . . .
 And dinner was made.

                              To summer dinners ~ Marica

1 comment: