Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunflower Life . . .

Well, our first sunflowers to dry . . .
I love the fast burst of hello and goodbye, that only the sunflower has the power to wield. 
The thousand seeds that each flower offers in its place . . .
The bird feast and promise of next spring  . . .
A cycle so quick, please don't blink . . .
Or you might miss the sunflowers . . . .

                                                                                         ~Marica

P.S. The winners of the hundredth post giveaway are: 
The Hungry Crafter
Rennee G
Teacup Adventures

3 comments:

  1. I never got around to planting our sunflower seeds this year! I am very missing their cheerful yellow presence in our garden now it's summertime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had any luck with sunflowers. The critters always eat them first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived way out in the mountains, I had trouble growing anything from seed unless it was fenced. I think that is partly why I am so thrilled to finally plant everything : )

    ReplyDelete