Thursday, January 13, 2011

Banana Bread (Gluten and Dairy Free)

Whoever likes banana bread raise your hand. I told my kids I was making banana bread and they actually sighed "aaaawhhh". What spoiled little monkeys. In an english accent "Oh mother, do we have to eat banana bread? " No, I'm just joking, they didn't say that, but they did sigh, not the least bit excited about my slaving away mashing bananas, and hovering around a hot oven. 
But, then the bread was done. "Ooo banana bread, can I have some?" Breakfast the next day, "Can I have banana bread for breakfast?" A snack later, "can I eat half the loaf all to my self?" Oh my gosh, seriously, they ate two loafs of banana bread in less than a full circle on the clock. So much for sighs. 
Anyway, I made this bread gluten and dairy free and if the ranting before didn't help you to understand, the kids really liked it. So did I. I've been enjoying working with rice flour. 
It's grainer in texture, and way more crumbly, but I like the way I feel when I eat it. 

Banana Bread 
(Gluten and Dairy Free)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees

In a large bowl mix:
3 bananas mashed
3 eggs
1/2 cup grapeseed oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 cups brown rice flour
1 tablespoon guar gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1/4 teaspoon salt

Pour batter into two oiled bread loaf pans.
Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

                                                      ~ Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment