Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cream of Broccoli and Potato Soup


It ended up raining this evening. How fortunate we are that the clouds like to shed their happy tears. I assume happy because what else could create such a calm and pleasant atmosphere than sheer joy. I had already started soup before I stepped outside and saw the wet walk way. Why do soup and rain meet so well? This soup is pretty simple and so different than a chicken noodle or vegetable stew. Often my soups tend to be one variation on minestrone to another. cream of broccoli soup recipe,
 I love that my kids loved this, because it adds another meal under my belt that I can whip out when dinner calls.
cream of broccoli soup recipe, soup recipes, broccoli soup recipe
Cream of Broccoli Potato Soup
In a large pot simmer until half tender but not fully cooked:
4 cups new potatoes chopped
2 cups water
Add:
4 cups chopped broccoli
1 tablespoon better than bullion
2 teaspoons mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
salt and black pepper to taste
Once potatoes are cooked, pulse with a blending wand until desired smoothness. I like it with the vegetables mostly intact, with a smooth creaminess in-between. 
Add:
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup grated parmesan


1 comment:

  1. "better than bullion" is pure magic. it's so easy to stir a tablespoon of the stuff into hot water, add some greens, and cozy up with a cup of soup!

    ReplyDelete