Saturday, January 8, 2011

Vegan Banana Pancakes

These pancakes are very moist. Very moist. My kiddos ate them quickly and thoroughly which always leads me to believe they passed the most preliminary test. Will my family eat it? The second test was passed when a friend stopped by, hungrily ate two, and proclaimed them yummy. So far so good. My own opinion is, although they are not your typical pancake, they are a pleasant meal and I would make them again soon. Pancakes are one of those amazing foods that can fluctuate between being an extravagant heavy cream, butter and blueberry ordeal, to a humble cupboard cleaner with merely milk, flour, baking powder and oil. My kids have eaten their way through many a morning of pancakes scrapped
 together due to lack of a grocery shopping trip. 
My Experience with Pancakes:
 Bananas tend to give them flavor and a delicate texture. Eggs, if too many are used, tend to make them rubbery and less than desirable. Oat flour is an easy substitute to wheat, but you will definitely appreciate an egg's presence if you choose to do this. I often throw uncooked oatmeal into the coffee grinder, grind it until it becomes flour, all the while reminding myself oat flour costs an arm and a leg, while oatmeal costs next to nothing. Anyway, pancakes are fun, yummy, appreciated by your little hungry companions as well as your larger friends and maybe even you. 

Vegan Banana Pancakes
In a large bowl mix gently:
3 bananas mashed
1/3 cup grapeseed oil
2 cups coconut milk (I like so delicious)
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt

 Hope you all have a great weekend ~ Marica

No comments:

Post a Comment