Saturday, January 22, 2011

Remember to Look

It is so unstoppable the speed at which we propel forward. Catching a glimpse to remember and hold in my mind hurts almost as much as it is sweet. Feeling my four-year-old's soft little hand in mine, knowing that it won't always be my hand to hold.           
Today my little one ask if he could play croquette. He pulled on his rain boots and pronounced "these boots are all kinds of boots. They are carving boots and rain boots and really good croquette boots."
Just then my friend stopped by, "Marica you have to take a picture . . . " I looked out, yes, I had to take a picture. Several minutes later another friend stopped by to borrow a book. "Marica, you have to take a picture, look at him. . . " What is it about rain boots that makes mothers melt? It's like heat on chocolate. 
Anyway, the point is, we have to stop and look, slow down the wheels and roll down the window. 

To all the "moments" ~ Marica

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lovely Mama- Could you call me-861-0148 because I am thinking about getting Malia a doll for her bday in March and I wanted to find out a little more about yours-thanks-Heather

    ReplyDelete